Sunday, June 19, 2005

Criticizing – Bunty aur Babli (BB)

On Saturday, 18th June 2005, from 3:15pm to another two-and-a-half-hours, my brain stopped functioning – but partly. The reason is obvious - I was watching BB with couple of friends. It’s not that I didn’t know the movie is keep-your-brain-at-home-and-watch type but I was really disappointed. The people who made it didn’t excel in stupidity – they were just average.

I had gone to see Waqt with a friend when I saw the posters of BB. They looked amazing – the movie appeared to be a just-laugh-don’t-think type. It’s then when I decided to see the movie once it is released. [Actually Abhishek Bachchan was looking quite promising ;;) ] However, when the film released something told me – don’t watch the movie, it might be a total disappointment – and it turned out to be true :(

As far as the movie is concerned – it is about Rakesh (played by Abhishek) and Vimmi (played by Rani Mukherjee) who live in a place where no-one-wants-to-progress-in-life. They think about being famous and rich and end up being famous (?) frauds – with alias names Bunty and Babli. The entire screenplay is ambiguous – once BB are in Mumbai, and the next moment in front of Taj Mahal, Agra. That’s even bearable – but watching something, which is like pieces of not even a single puzzle but n puzzles, is frustrating. Had it not be Big B [no comments on his I-love-my-son-and-will-do-anything-for-him performance], I would have fainted. He is just so stylish – thoda bahut timepass ho gaya.

As far as out-of-the-blue-moon songs are concerned, Aishwarya Rai looks a bit fat and not-so-comfortable in the item number “Kajrare”. Abhishek does a bit of good dancing in “Nach Baliye”. Rani looks heavy weight champion in ”Nach Baliye” :P.

Finally, Shaad Ali Sahgal, the director, needs to really learn how not to think completely. They say half knowledge is dangerous – now I know why. Make an entirely nonsense but funny movie [like Coolie No. 1] but don’t make a partly-nonsense-terribly-frustrating movie.

Abhishek – just wanted a more carefree performance. At times you really amazed me, but at times why don’t you act as freely as you should have? Just stop thinking completely when you do a senseless role, please.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home