Saturday, August 20, 2005

Humming…Bin tere sanam…



One can say - this one’s from the archives...

Remix was/is in boom – but one song that was probably forgotten and was brought back to the limelight was “Bin tere sanam”.

The remix video had the extremely vulnerable Kirti Reddy, Aryan Vaid and some Aseem Merchant (btw, does any one know who he is?) Kirti is really very sweet and pretty…I just wished she could act a bit better. Anyways, I like her screen presence :)

For the record, let’s dig through the original movie and song. Here it goes:
Movie - Yaara Dil Dara
Produced By: Mirza Brothers
Directed By: Mirza Brothers
Actors: Asif Sheikh, Rohini, Ruchika Pandey
Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpur
Music Director: Jatin-Lalit
Singers: Udit Narayan, Kavita Krishnamurty
Theme: Love, Social
Year: 1991

I liked Asif Sheikh (AS) that time [only saw the song, not the movie, it was a disaster at the box-office, though it had good music] – only wished he had a trim haircut – God knows why all heroes have long hair in their debut/initial movies? Now Mr. AS is doing a great job by doing funny roles in T.V. serials like “Yes Boss (SAB TV)” and others on same channel. Also, liked his small cameo in “Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya” :)) . He is a decent performer.

A not-so updated filmography of AS can be found here.

Dun no anything about the heroine :-S [not even interested to know :-P ]

Song was amazing then and is equally melodious even today :)

You can find lyrics in Devnagari script yahaan
You can find lyrics in English language over here

My fav stanza is…
“Yeh jaankar balamji
Thaami hain teri baahein
Sehni padengi sabki
Kaanton bhari nighayein”

So, all I can say this is one of those many songs I like to listen anytime!
[lol…I am a movie buff…so I end up liking many film songs…sometimes of movies whose names most of the people won’t know ;)) ]

Btw, good work DJ Suketu to bring this song back to the forefront!

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely agree .. even I love the song very very much... one of my timeless favorites :-D

btw, nice presentation... The whole "Bin Tere Sanam" theme of the blog is not at all lost at any point.

And yaa... one imp thing :
While reading, I could actually visualize u .. standing in front of me ... with a slight proud on ur face abt ur likings [as usual ;-) ]... n saying all these stuffs :-))

Keep it up...!!!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger abnegator said...

You are proud? I never knew that...:0)

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous AKD said...

One of the best romantic songs ever...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home